Warrington vs Wakefield
Super League
7:45pm Friday 6th September

Halliwell Jones Stadium

Warrington Wolves endured a brave second-half fightback from Wakefield Trinity to claim a 23-16 victory and secure his own position at the Super League play-offs.
As they led 16-0 in half-time the Wolves appeared to be on their way at at the Halliwell Jones Stadium, but a rally from the people saw them twice reduce the deficit to four points.
Steve Price’s men stopped their losing streak in Super League efforts in Bryson Goodwin, Daryl Clark, Ben Currie and Josh Charnley while Stefan Ratchford spanned Dec Patton and three goals added a drop target.
Wakefield claimed attempts through Morgan Escare, Ben Jones-Bishop and Ryan Hampshire and recorded two goals. On the other hand, the defeat means next week, that they stay in the relegation battle and face an all-important showdown in the home to London Broncos.
Blake Austin returned to the Wolves side following a four-week absence together with the ankle injury that compelled to him overlook the Challenge Cup final win over St Helens, while Chris Hill, Mike Cooper, Patton and Toby King came back into the side after causing out the reduction to Salford Red Devils five days after his Wembley heroics.
Wakefield made four alterations for the side that dropped 24-16 at home to Wigan using Titus Gwaze, Jordan Crowther, George King and Joe Arundel.
The people had given a great account of themselves at the opening trades, forcing two dropouts and coping with the Wolves were throwing in them.
But following all their ancient fantastic work that they pressed on the self-destruct button on the final tacklethe ball slipped through Danny Brough’s palms and Jacob Millar was forced into a hurried kick which went out on the complete, gifting Warrington ownership 20 metres in the Trinity lineup.
As Jason Clark slid a pass from the attack and Lance Todd trophy winner Clark scooted over to the opening try the Wolves had no second invitation.
Along with also the home side added to their tally five minutes after once the Wolves hooker was involved as his long pass gave Currie that the room to assault the Wakefield line and the second rower powered over from the corner, with Ratchford landing a nice touchline conversion to make it 10-0.
Along with the first-half dominance of Warrington attracted more things eight minutes when a handling watched the touchline raced down to score.
Ratchford booted on his second goal of the half to give the Wolves a advantage at half-time.
Wakefield stunned their hosts with two tries in the opening seven minutes to give themselves hope of a comeback and created the ideal start.
Trinity submitted their first points of the game two minutes after the restart when Arundel created on-loan full-back Escare and a break was in service to carry score and his pass.
And it made better for the visitors when a few play kept the ball jumped to touch down. With Brough on target using conversions, the lead was down to four factors at 16-12.
But the momentum has been lost with a different error after they lost possession deep as Ratchford and Austin united to send Goodwin in at the corner, and the Wolves again took full benefit.
Any nerves silenced along with hampshire crossed to provide Trinity as it was made by his try, hope again 20-16 but a Ratchford penalty and watched that the Wolves.