Kieran Trippier has struck out on the way of his departure from Tottenham at Daniel Levy and Mauricio Pochettino, saying they didn’t disclose his own plans to sell him.
The 28-year-old right-back combined Atletico Madrid from Spurs for #21.7m in July, also said on Monday he felt he had taken a”measure up”.
Trippier admits he didn’t wish to leave north London, but had no option when chairman and his boss did not respond to his requests for permission.
He said:”I spoke to the supervisor about his plans and I didn’t receive a’yes’ and I did not get a’no’ – therefore you get the impression.
“The manager did not say he wanted to move me on and I attempted to talk to the chairman on it.
“It’s not fine when you know the club wish to sell you. It is soccer and it’s not pleasant but it occurs although I heard rumours about these promoting me.
“It is disappointing. I gave everything and that I wanted to stay. Everything happens for a reason although I had another couple of years.
“Me and your manager did not leave on bad terms; he’s done a great deal for me and I respect him highly.
“it’s only a couple items – I tried to talk to the chairman, I simply didn’t really get an answer.”
Trippier loved a great World Cup in 2018 for England however suffered a slump in form last season – his effort at Spurs.
He had been dumped by Gareth Southgate for its Nations League but has returned for the European Qualifiers of this month following his move to Spain.
Trippier acknowledged his criteria slipped but believes Spurs may repent selling him, saying:”Everybody has an opinion – you have, the pundits have.
“It does not bother me but clearly the lovers… I set the bar high at the World Cup and they knew how well I can perform.
“Tottenham got rid of me at the incorrect time, but I fought with injuries. I might have come back fresh and fit but they made the decision and now I’m at Atletico.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *