(CNN) — Quarterback Andrew Luck, ” the first pick in the 2012 NFL draft along with a four-time Pro Bowl choice, declared on Saturday night he’s retiring.
“This isn’t a simple decision,” the Indianapolis Colts participant told reporters. “For the last four decades or so I have been in this cycle of harm, pain, rehabilitation, injury, pain, rehabilitation. And it has been unceasing and unrelenting… and the only way I see is to no longer play football.”
From acting in the preseason injuries had retained 29, Luck. He had been about the Colts’ sideline Saturday during a preseason game against the Chicago Bears in street clothes. Luck had been booed as he left the area, quite a few videos.
Luck said the pain has taken away his joy for the sport and he hasn’t been in a position to live. He and with the 2016 season performed with in pain,” he made a vow he would not go down that street again, and said.
He missed the 2017 season because he was recovering from knee operation, according to the Colts website. After he returned for the 2018 season, he had a 98.7percent passer rating, 39 touchdowns and has been selected for the 2018 Pro Bowl. As a consequence of his return to the gridiron, Luck had been awarded the AP Comeback Player of the Year season.
However he said that since he couldn’t put his heart into the match and his teammates short.
He stated he informed his teammates earlier that he was retiring.
Luck signed a five-year, $122 million deal in 2016, based on spotrac.com. He would have earned a base salary of $9.125 million in 2019 along with a roster bonus.
The season opens September 8 at Los Angeles from the Chargers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *